Stocking a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FiiishGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering what to put in my planted, water tested, half moon 10 gallon tank I have a couple ideas

1. A group of female bettas ( as in 3) and 1 male

2. 2 to 3 platies and 3 to 5 neon Tetras possible 1 to 2 otos in the future

3. Male betta 3 neon tetras 3 platys

4. 2 ram cichlids and a group of tetras

5. A group of guppies

Honestly don't kno what to put in.

Any advise taken gratefully.

Posting another thing for restocking my densely planted 20 gallon fish tank

I wouldn't put a platy in a 10g, or rams, either.

OMG you are right I wasn't even paying attention to the size of the tank, just the compatibility!!
I'm so sorry :facepalm:
Looking at my reply I was obviously paying attention to tank size sometimes but somehow I was just totally spacing out whenever it was a compatibility question.
Yes Scotty is absolutely correct, I don't even know what I was thinking.

Ok good to know, the petamart told me that 4 platys 5 neons and a betta could work

That would have been bad

The only option from your lists as is is 5, and only if you get males. Do NOT put just two female bettas together, one will eventually kill the other one.

The only option from your lists as is is 5, and only if you get males. Do NOT put just two female bettas together, one will eventually kill the other one.
Oh really, does a sorority need more?

Boy I am just brimming with good advice today :ermm:

You need at least 4, but 5+ is what you'd generally want, which won't go so well in a ten gallon. Even heavily planted there just isn't enough room for that many.

Back
Top Bottom