Stocking a 2.5 pico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheKleinReef

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum (but not to reef keeping) and was wondering of you guys could help me out with stocking my new pico.
I really would like a fish, but in 2.5 it's a little cramped I think. I dunno maybe a dwarf seahorse? Im hesitant about those too.

So what are some cool inverts? I was looking at a flame scallop but I know nothing about them.
Maybe a porcelain crab or a sexy shrimp, or a cleaner shrimp.

Right now my plan is:
1 birds nest (fragged from my 29)
A Zoa colony
A green star polyp colony
A ricordea
Pulsing Xenia

sexy shrimp would be great in that size tank, get 3, for some reason I believe they like to be in threes. :-D

Those harlequins only eat starfish. nothing else at all. so you would have to keep a starfish or two around and chop off a leg to feed him every week. lol

I'm not doing zoas. So far my plans are: hammer coral, toadstool, Xenia, green star polyps, ricordea, and as much sps as possible. I might go with out the toadstool and the Xenia though. Thanks for the advice.

Very cool! Pop up a pic when you can of it mounted and all. You should be very pleased with it, my non dimmable one was great so this one is even better. :)

MY PAR38 IS INSTALLED. its awesome :D
img_1843802_0_3d7381346766d18f8627e0cc8992dc9d.png
[/IMG]

Just saw your post while searching for pico reefs, I was curious what you stocked your tank with? Any fish? :)

Back
Top Bottom