Stocking a 28 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We were going to add our next fish to our 28 gallon bow front. It currently has 6 Neon Tetras in it.

Our choices were:
Panda Corys
Rasboras
Silver Tip Tetras
Galaxy Danio
Phantom Tetra

Hmmmmm I think that is it. Any opinions or suggestions? I have no experience with these fish other than betas and neon tetras.

Thanks!
Jana

jlbfish said:
We were going to add our next fish to our 28 gallon bow front. It currently has 6 Neon Tetras in it.

Our choices were:
Panda Corys
Rasboras
Silver Tip Tetras
Galaxy Danio
Phantom Tetra

Hmmmmm I think that is it. Any opinions or suggestions? I have no experience with these fish other than betas and neon tetras.

Thanks!
Jana

Oh cories are just so darned cute! Get some of them :) I can't have cories but I wish I could!!

I would skip silver tip tetras for this tank. They are rather rambunctious, so IME they would do better in a larger tank.
Panda cories would be fine. They are fun, peaceful little guys. Julii cories would also work.
There are quite a few different kinds of rasbora, harlequin rasboras are some of the most commonly available ones. They would be a great fish for this tank too.
A couple other options are penguin tetras, ember tetras, clown killifish, and a bristle nose pleco. :)
Galaxy danios would probably be ok, just don't get any large tankmates for them. Some people have issues with them being really shy, but neons would be fine with them IMO.
If you want phantom tetras, I suggest black phantoms and not red phantoms. Another fish to consider instead of phantoms is the von Rio tetra. Its peaceful and bright colored, but will sometimes munch on live plants.
If you want a centerpiece fish, a honey gourami or dwarf gourami would be good. :)

Back
Top Bottom