stocking a 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rider6

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking for a good "center piece" for my tank, something bigger then normal fw fish, any good suggestions?

I currently have 4 corys, 4 green barbs, and two mollies...

Looking maybe an angel fish, maybe something else about the same sizeish.....

Angels can get aggressive as they are a cichlids, i would suggest a pair of Bolivian rams as they are hardier then German blues and very colourful.

You know of anything bigger....maybe a max of 6 to 8 inches?

How do you all feel about discus? Are they worth the money? Are they acceptable to a community style tank with barbs, neon tetras and corys?

How do you all feel about discus? Are they worth the money? Are they acceptable to a community style tank with barbs, neon tetras and corys?

Discus require very different water conditions than the fish you already have in your tank. Discus fish take a lot of time and dedication. Not to mention a lot of water changes.

You should look into kissing gourami's. I think they actually get up to 12". That would be a much more appropriate addition.

Thanks....I was just wondering cause I'm still kinda looking for a bigger fish to round out my community....kind of wana get one here soonish before I fill up with schools of lil guys and won't have room or will push the peramiters of my inch per gal rule...

I'm looking for a good "center piece" for my tank, something bigger then normal fw fish, any good suggestions?

I currently have 4 corys, 4 green barbs, and two mollies...

Looking maybe an angel fish, maybe something else about the same sizeish.....

I have 2 Angels in my 60g with platies, barbs, and a gourami... no issues so far. Everyone seems to get along fine.

So would I go 2 males, 2 females, or a set of one each?

Plus my quarintine tank is to small for one angel....let alone two, so they will probally have to skip that step, are angels kinda hardy?

All you need to do is get two small angels, either dime or nickle sized bodies. You can't sex angels until they actually spawn. IMO they are very hardy. Just find two angels you like the look of and go from there. What size is your QT tank?

My qt is a 2.5 bow...and my comm is a 55 long...

Kissing Guarani do not get yo 12 itches at least not in aquariums...alot of sites say they do but really 6 inches for a kg is pretty big

Yea its what we had allready....untill we figure our living situation and where we might be able to fit a 10 gal somewhere we will be upgrading it...

Back
Top Bottom