Stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vinsgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 10g tanks.
Tank 1: stocked with 3 scarlet badis. Filtered, heated and cycled. What can I add into this tank that a little bigger but wont harm my scarlet badis?
Tank 2: 1 very active but not aggressive betta. He was in 30g community tank but removed due to fin nipping from other fish. What can I put with him?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Tab 3G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Badis are very touchy with company but you could a nice colony of shrimp, some odd snails-Aquaticarts.com has them. Least Killies will work as they are so lazy the Badis can feed without issue. Some of the micro-rasboras-again Aquaticarts-will work as well.

Tank #2 you should be able to add a ton of combos. I'd go with a few Endler males for the top water, say 4-5. Again micro-rasboras, micro-danios like CPD would work. For the bottom small types of corycats-4-5 or maybe a couple of dwarf crayfish. I have Shefeldtii crayfish all over my fishroom without any plant of fish issues.

I had CPDs in with my Scarlet Badis. I would target feed mine. But my tank was so heavily planted and I had a thriving Shrimp colony to provide live Prey, that mine did well.

I do think they do best without competition.

Well after much consideration I decided to leave things as they are. The scarlets by themselves and the betta by himself. I'll never consider patties, mollies or Guppies, they just not my kind of fish

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Tab 3G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom