Stocking Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Here Fishy Fishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, so still working on my stocking options. I have a 45g tall planted tank. I like the Neon, flame, powder, and standard Dwarf Gourami. Can I have all of them? They would all be male as they have the color. At this time there is only 2 dwarf frogs, 2 snails, 1 lep. pleco, and 2 zebra danios (the danios might be moving). I would really like to have one of each or two of a few colors. I have heard that you shouldn't have more than one male dwarf G. in a tank and I haven't heard anything about mixing up the color variations in the same tank. They are always listed as peaceful but the stories say otherwise.

Also looking at a pair of Blue Rams,

Thanks

Yeah more often than not multiple gourami's doesn't work. If you do want to try I'd have a back up plan in case they go at eachother.

I don't think there's much info about mixing color variants because that would mean keeping multiple males, which more often than not doesn't work, like siva said.

You could probably keep a few different species of gouramis - pearl, honey and sparkling gouramis. Generally, there's a good chance that multiple species won't work out, but the ones I listed are the most peaceful there are. Pearls will spend most of their time near the surface, while the dwarf and honey gouramis hang lower in the tank. I've not kept sparkling gouramis but I know people who have, and based on what they've told me about them I think that they would do well. I would do 3 pearls, 1 dwarf gourami and 7 sparkling.

Back
Top Bottom