Stocking ideas 30 Hex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dayton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, I'm seeing what everyones opinion is on stocking my 30 gallon hexagon. It currently has

7 Von rio tetras
1 emperor terra
1 Raphael catfish

I did have angelfish but they recently all died due to what I believe an internal parasite. I added a fish a few days prior and I believe it brought something with it and wiped them out. I'm thinking of adding another pair of angels in the future or maybe Bolivian rams. I like gbr but from what I here they are sensitive to hard water and mine is hard. Any suggestions would be great thanks!

all i can say is the Raphael catfish will have to be moved to a bigger tank or brought back to the petstore, as they will get to big for that tank (up to 8 inches) normally they can be kept in a 30 long tank, though in a hex there is just not enough swimming room

Rams might fit better. Or maybe just 1 angel. My angels are outgrowing my 29 gallon.

Well what do you recommend in place of the Raphael when I do move him. I've had him for awhile and did not realize how big he would get when I got him

Is it a spotted or stripped raph? The spotted only grow to about 6" and will be fine, if it is a striped twit will grow to large for a 30g hex. I would only do 1 angel in this tank, not a lot of room for two. 1 angel, 1 German blue, and a couple more emperor.

Alright thanks and yes it is striped not spotted

Back
Top Bottom