Stocking Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JokerWx13 said:
thanks! :) now that begs the question...what kind of carpet plant should i get OAO

Java moss, riccia fluitans, dwarf baby tears, or micro sword. What lighting do you have?

JokerWx13 said:
i'm looking for a plant that doens't grow too tall and cover up my whole tank lol i dont know if any of those will grow really tall

Riccia fluitans grows to about 2 inches and covers the tank well

You could always just trim it regularly. I love fissidens fontanus or however that's spelled. Not sure how long it gets or how fast it grows...
PL-FI04-02.jpg

You could always just trim it regularly. I love fissidens fontanus or however that's spelled. Not sure how long it gets or how fast it grows...
PL-FI04-02.jpg

i love the look of moss as a carpet plant o.o its just that my plant selection in nyc isnt that great :( sigh...

Do you have a credit card? I love aquatic magic for this kind of thing. You have to find embroidery canvas, fishing line, and of course buy the moss. I'm in the process right now. (Pretty excited) You have to buy enough moss to cover the half the canvas, then fold it in half...then tie it and then apparently it grows through...slowly...I want to cut my canvas into letters that spell out "BOBY" because we call the bumblebee goby tank in our room the "boby tank" :lol:
Anyway Christmas Moss - Aquarium moss wall (FREE Ship!!) INV | eBay ...not sure if I'm allowed to post links.... if not, go on ebay and look up "Christmas Moss - Aquarium moss wall (FREE Ship!!) INV" ...not sure what the INV stands for... :ermm:

Do you have a credit card? I love aquatic magic for this kind of thing. You have to find embroidery canvas, fishing line, and of course buy the moss. I'm in the process right now. (Pretty excited) You have to buy enough moss to cover the half the canvas, then fold it in half...then tie it and then apparently it grows through...slowly...I want to cut my canvas into letters that spell out "BOBY" because we call the bumblebee goby tank in our room the "boby tank" :lol:
Anyway Christmas Moss - Aquarium moss wall (FREE Ship!!) INV | eBay ...not sure if I'm allowed to post links.... if not, go on ebay and look up "Christmas Moss - Aquarium moss wall (FREE Ship!!) INV" ...not sure what the INV stands for... :ermm:

still living under the roof of my parents as a high school student so maybe i could coax my parents into it lol

also, that sounds like a neat way to grow moss...maybe i could turn it into a moss WALL :D that would be a great idea cuz i dont have a background for my tank and you see all these wires from the filter and heater. having a moss wall would make it look so much better and more natural :D

Hmm I was in that situation very recently... The way I would phrase it is that there are worse plants that I could be buying right? :brows: For worse reasons? :brows: If you catch my drift? :brows: Anyway... Ahem.
I really like moss carpets. Yeah I was thinking about a moss wall for the background of my 5G...but to be honest I don't really want/need a background for my 10G because we have an awesome super long airstone and for some reason that's enough for me :lol:
I dislike how bad my filter canister looks behind my tank....when I look at it I don't really see it, but I feel like other people might notice it more. Might as well do the whole back wall I suppose. Pretty stoked for that project :)

Hmm I was in that situation very recently... The way I would phrase it is that there are worse plants that I could be buying right? :brows: For worse reasons? :brows: If you catch my drift? :brows: Anyway... Ahem.
I really like moss carpets. Yeah I was thinking about a moss wall for the background of my 5G...but to be honest I don't really want/need a background for my 10G because we have an awesome super long airstone and for some reason that's enough for me :lol:
I dislike how bad my filter canister looks behind my tank....when I look at it I don't really see it, but I feel like other people might notice it more. Might as well do the whole back wall I suppose. Pretty stoked for that project :)

you must tell me how that project goes :) maybe let me know your process too since i'm gonna start one sooner or later anyway lol show me pics of the process and after you put it in :D i would love to see how it fills out and would love any advice you could give

Back
Top Bottom