Stocking My Little Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

I have a 20 gallon tank that's been up and running for a long time. The fish that I had in it got moved except for my Raphael Catfish. So my questions is what should I add? I was thinking maybe a pair of Rams. For filtration I have a Penguin Bio-Wheel 200 which is rated for up to a 50 gallon tank and because of all the filtration I only do 10% WC once a week but will do more if necessary. Suggestions please ;)

Can't really argue with a pair of rams. I have a 20 I've been wanting to set back up but I have no idea what I want to put in it myself.

I know very little about Raphael cats but since they are bottom dwellers and Rams tend to stay lower there could be a real issue in such a small footprint tank. Just something to think about.

I know very little about Raphael cats but since they are bottom dwellers and Rams tend to stay lower there could be a real issue in such a small footprint tank. Just something to think about.

Yeah, that's true. 20 gallon high or long?

Yeah, that's true. 20 gallon high or long?

High. I know i have a small footprint but i think it could work because all my raphael does is lay in one spot all day. Even lazier than my Eclipse cat...

I had a raphael before and he only came out of hiding at night for me. Not much fun but they're still a cool fish.

I know the next 20 i set up is gonna have either cpd's or Gertrude's rainbow's ( spotted blue eyes)...
I luv rams to though but i already got them. Any of the dwarf cichlids are super cool imo :)

Back
Top Bottom