Stocking my nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corinne118s

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 10gal nano with the following..

2 red leg hermits
1 astrea snail
1 tiger pistol
1 wheelers goby

What else could I get? I want to get another fish or two if possible. Please let me know!

There aren't a lot of fish that can go in a 10 gallon. Various gobies, a couple Blennies, etc.
Liveaquaria.com shows 37 total tht can go in a 10 gallon. Some of the standouts are:
Neon Goby
Swissguard Basslet
Harptail Blenny
Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse

Personally, I would stick to two small fish in a 10 gallon.

MacDracor said:
There aren't a lot of fish that can go in a 10 gallon. Various gobies, a couple Blennies, etc.
Liveaquaria.com shows 37 total tht can go in a 10 gallon. Some of the standouts are:
Neon Goby
Swissguard Basslet
Harptail Blenny
Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse

Personally, I would stick to two small fish in a 10 gallon.

2 more small clown gobies and that'd be it basically.

I was thinking either a firefish and that's it or another goby. I'm worrie gobies don't mix, though I did read that wheelers do well with another of same species. Wheelers are peaceful but I don't know about other gobies

corinne118s said:
I was thinking either a firefish and that's it or another goby. I'm worrie gobies don't mix, though I did read that wheelers do well with another of same species. Wheelers are peaceful but I don't know about other gobies

A firefish and that goby alone could work as well.

Since you have just put in one fish it is best to wait at least a few weeks or a month before adding another fish. I have a 24 gallon with a chalk bass, wheeler goby and a tiger pistol shrimp. IMO I shouldn't have put another fish in the tank it is causing a lot of stress for the goby. It doesn't chase the goby or anything like that just the presences of another fish seems to be stressful. I will remove it once it gets use to me so I don't stress out either of the fish.

So then wouldn't it be better to introduce a new fish now before he gets use to being the only fish?

corinne118s said:
So then wouldn't it be better to introduce a new fish now before he gets use to being the only fish?

Sometimes ya, if there could be agression issues. But you shouldnt because you want to make sure you can support the new fish's bioload first

Ok cool. I'll get another snail next week and another fish in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom