Stocking my son's 20 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltieFresh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My son wants to get a similar setup like the one I have, except my tank is larger. This will only be a temporary setup in the 20 gallon tank (perhaps a few months, max), but I'm wondering if he would be able to keep this list of fish/ inverts until he gets a bigger tank. The fish are: Two ocelleris clowns, a firefish, coral banded shrimp, brittle star and a CUC.

I'd be able to give him a few more LR for the bioload. I'm just wondering if that tank size would be alright. If so, how often and how much water should be changed?

Not sure on the brittle star, the CUC, shrimp and either the two clowns or the firefish would be good for now. If he is upgrading in a few months, by the time the tank has had its mini cycle, and you add everything spaced out correctly, you might as well wait for the upgrade to add any more. Make sure you have at least 1lb/g of LR.

The standard 10-20% weekly or biweekly water change will be fine. Just pay attention to the levels, the smaller the tank, the smaller the "buffer" zone is for mistakes.

I agree...skip the cuc and star. Look at a royal gramma for that size...great movement and color.

Back
Top Bottom