Stocking options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessiicaxrosex3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thinking about re-doing the 125g completely.. I need some help with stock. Say it is now an empty tank...

I have to ask.. Is a 125 big enough for gar? Not sure which type get how big? Would an arowana work out better? (always wanted one of these two)What cichlid can safely be housed with a gar/arowana?

I would say no to the gar or arowana. A spotted gar could work temporarily but I wouldn't risk it. Which do you prefer African or new world cichlids?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you want something that has the long slender shape how about some of the smaller South American Pike cichlids.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Personally if it were me and I had an empty 125 Id do a species only "biotope" of one of the following:

- Amphilophus labiatus "Blue Barred"
- Astatheros rhytisma
- Herichthys Tamasopoensis
- Theraps lentiginosus

Astatheros rhytisma are beautiful!!. Still many cichlids that I've never seen/heard of. Also need to look into the whole biotope setting, but i think its a cool idea. On another page, say id like a jack Dempsey or green Texas involved in the 125. What stock would you recommend Mog?

Personally if it were me and I had an empty 125 Id do a species only "biotope" of one of the following:

- Amphilophus labiatus "Blue Barred"
- Astatheros rhytisma
- Herichthys Tamasopoensis
- Theraps lentiginosus

I would add Amphilophus lyonsi
and cichlidsoftheamericas.com has them listed
a picture from jeff rapps
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom