Stocking suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ufc94champ

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently have a 125 gallon 72x18 with the following fish:
2 clown loaches
2 african leaf fish
1 yellowtail barracuda
1 fire eel
1 marble goby
1 banded leporinus
1 lima shovelnose
1 eclipse cat
1 brown knife
1 clown knife

Overstocked? Understocked? They are all fairly small, the largest being the shovelnose and clown knife at around 7 inches. I know the goby and eel have the potential to get huge, they would either be moved to a larger tank or given to someone who has the capacity.

Currently have a 125 gallon 72x18 with the following fish: 2 clown loaches 2 african leaf fish 1 yellowtail barracuda 1 fire eel 1 marble goby 1 banded leporinus 1 lima shovelnose 1 eclipse cat 1 brown knife 1 clown knife Overstocked? Understocked? They are all fairly small, the largest being the shovelnose and clown knife at around 7 inches. I know the goby and eel have the potential to get huge, they would either be moved to a larger tank or given to someone who has the capacity.

Single Leporinus often turn extremely aggressive. The do best in groups. You may want to return/rehome that one ?

Lightly stocking will give them more room to stay healthy and grow. IMHO I would not add more fish.

For the last month he hasn't done more harm than a a little chasing, if it gets bad I will definitely rehome him. But I think it will be ok. I agree with plenty of room for the fish. Just kinda want something thats going to be a bit more active then these guys

Back
Top Bottom