Stocklist advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi

I would like a flame angel that someone local is selling but need your advice before I contact him as I don't want to overstock my tank (again). It's 167 litres ( 45 gals) and I currently have the following:

2 clarkii clowns
dotty back
coral beauty
target mandarin

2 BTA
morphs
leather
button polyps
3 hammers
1 button
1 chalice
duncans
star coral
zoas
pipe organ
blasto

The flame is in a tank with corals so it should be reef safe. Thanks

Yes I would not go less than 70 for one angel and close to double that 125-150 for two or more. Very territorial and if the beauty is already in the tank, it will def establish dominance and make sure it's reiterated over and over.

I agree the angels will fight plus when those clarkiis get some size they can be quite aggressive. I wouldn't add anything else.

It would destroy the coral beauty or the coral beauty will destroy it.

Maybe just swap/trade in for the flame angel?

Thanks everyone. I had a look at his stock as he was selling corals too. I walked away with the lot, 90gal tank as well so there will be no issues with the fish......hopefully.

Angels will always compete, its the same as adding the same two same looking tangs, territory, territory, territory. I know some people that have been able to do it tho, it all depending on the fish. I have been able to keep a Flame and a Lemark angel together, once in a while they will fight when I feed but nothing serious. If I were you I would try it and if you notice fighting that very aggressive than pull one out.

Back
Top Bottom