Storage Cabinet and Sump Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well from a drawing to reality I have finished the stand that is going to hold my 30 gal sump, 10 gal refugium and my return pump. I also put a bottom shelf on and some front doors to store and hide my aquarium items.

• Materials List
    7 10' 2X4
    3 sheets of 3/8" plywood
    1lb 2 1/2" screws
    1lb 1 1/8" screws
    4 hinges
    2 knobs
    2 magnet door catches

It measures 83" long X 24" tall X 24" deep

There are 4 cross supports for both the bottom shelf and the top. This should be able to easily support the 30 gal sump and the 10 gal refugium with plenty of room left.

Photos
To give you some frame of reference the section of plywood that is behind the stand is 4' X 6'
doorsclosed.jpg

doorsopen.jpg

sideview.jpg

I would guess about 5 hours. All the work was done by myself. I am really not sure since I had to build some saw horses before I could even start on the stand.

But I worked sunday from around 3PM till around 8PM cutting and putting it all together. THen monday for about an hour I finished up as I ran out of screws and day light on sunday.

Here is a photo of the stand now in the sump room. As you can see its a bit bigger than it needs to be...

aau.sized.jpg

The tank in the background is a 10 gal, then the larger tank is a 30 gal and then the circulation pump. The 80 gal is on the other side of that wall.

Sure,

What you see in the last pic is as of last night. I am still awaiting my overflow and I need to get the sump and refugium drilled yet. Then I can start on the plumbing aspect.

OK, I will try to photo document each step.

Hm, maybe I will put up an article on my personal site about this.

Hm, maybe we need an article section here.

Hm, Im full of ideas...

Back
Top Bottom