Strange blisters or 'bubbles' on betta's ventral fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samphotog

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys. I was doing water changes and I noticed these odd blister-like things on one of my betta's ventral fin. It is acting like a balloon and pulling the fin up. It is not causing him to float but I don't know what it is or how to treat it. Google got me to something called Lymphocystis but I'm not really sure that's what I am dealing with here. Water parameters are all normal and nothing has changed in the tank. I've had him for around 2 years and I've never seen this happen before. Can anyone identify this and tell me how or if I can treat it?

DSC_0076 by samphotog1, on Flickr

DSC_0073 by samphotog1, on Flickr

No worries. I'm completely lost but it doesn't seem to be bothering him. I'm just hoping to help him get through it

My betta went through the same a while ago, he had one on his dorsal fin. Never found out what it was googled like you and came up with cysts. But now he no longer has it, it just went. Hopefully yours is the same and clears. Sorry I'm not much help to you :)

Wow, thats really interesting
I've been dealing with bettas for 12 years now and have never seen that.

I hope someone can come up with an accurate diagnosis for you.

Back
Top Bottom