strange growth on hammer coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've noticed this strange growth on my hammer coral. It's hard to see in this picture but it's in the center of the photo. It looks like a "bubble." It doesn't seem to really be bothering the coral at all but it looks like it might burst.

Is this type of thing normal? Should I just leave it be?

img_843056_0_7f7b532387b9bcc9de30624a6f4d1eca.jpg

I agree with Ray that the coral itself looks pretty good. Is that two different corals there? It almost looks like frogspapawn in front and a hammer behind it. If that`s true then they are too close to each other. That could be the problem. Yes that`s a hammer that Ray linked you to and they are common but not all are C shaped. Here is mine and you can see the difference. I dont know but maybe I`m just seeing thing but it looks like 2 corals.

100_0179.jpg

I agree with Ray that the coral itself looks pretty good. Is that two different corals there? It almost looks like frogspapawn in front and a hammer behind it. If that`s true then they are too close to each other. That could be the problem. Yes that`s a hammer that Ray linked you to and they are common but not all are C shaped. Here is mine and you can see the difference. I dont know but maybe I`m just seeing thing but it looks like 2 corals.

View attachment 12552

Actually, you are correct (as usual :) -- it is two seperate corals). I re-arranged the lr in the tank and I ended up moving them. Apparently I might have moved them too close. I'll try moving it and see how it does.

Thank you both for the info!

Cmor, that's what I was thinking. It would make more sense, since they are two different corals....

It`s too clear IMO to be bubble algea. Both of those corals have sweepers and could seriously injure the other. That would be my guess what it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom