stressed out polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got some polyps for free from my LFS that are faily well bleached out. I have had them for a week and when I went to feed them along with my zoos and other corals this week they couldn't really grab onto any food. I squirted them some brine shrimp and tried feeding them individualy with little pieces of flake food but they couldn't grab on. They have regained some color since I got them but do you think this is serious that they can't eat?

What type of polyps are they? Zoos? If so, give them decent lighting and you don't have to feed them. I got some zoos that were a beautiful yellow color. After keeping them for a bit, they started to regain color, turns out they are a nice orange/brownish color with a yellowish center. I wouldn't be to concerned with feeding and just give them good water, light and time. Good luck.

they look like protopalythoa but its hard to tell given how stressed they are and the way they were reaching. 2 of them appear green and have tentacles coming out the sides with a short stalk and a small mouth they are 3mm in diameter but are definitly polyps of some type and not a pest. and the others are about 4mm in diameter lack the tentacles and apear a pinkish color. they have an undualted appearance on the surface of the polyp and a small mouth. the small green ones succedfully caught brine shrimp and ate them, the pinkish ones are the ones I'm worried about.

Back
Top Bottom