Stressful fish & ways to deal with them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HouLiGaN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys, Sorry for being a pain in the woohoo:)whistle:) and asking 1002 questions .

1st i would like to ask about stress signs.
2nd i would like to ask about ways to lower a fishes stress.

For the first, i read that if a fish is hiding, then that could be a stress sign.

and for the second i read that if there is dark places for a fish to hide it can relieve stress and that switching off the lights and making the tank really dark will release stress.

The thing is, my new fish was hiding yesterday etc. & today she was swimming and enjoying all the tank to herself, but then meany old me took out some decorations, and added some new ones, and now she is hiding behind the old decoration that was previously in the tank and still is ...
I done Wc as well don't know if it would help, i switched off the lights and found her swimming again...

Is there anyway to prevent this kind of stress?

Just give it time. If she came out of hiding then she isn't very stressed. She is just like wow what was that is it going to eat me? Imagine if a giant arm came into your living room and rearranged your furniture. That might take some getting used to :)

Just give it time. If she came out of hiding then she isn't very stressed. She is just like wow what was that is it going to eat me? Imagine if a giant arm came into your living room and rearranged your furniture. That might take some getting used to :)

:ROFLMAO: xaxaxa once i read the imagine a giant arm came into your living room... etc i laughed like mad, i actually did imagine it xexe i would probably die from a heart attack or something ;)...

So i guess if a fish is still alive after rearranging the decos, that is a good sign xexexe :dance:

This is awesome! Hahaha

Lmao! +1 to this!!

Pure comedy gold!

Back
Top Bottom