Stronger heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bostonbass

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10g with a 150watt (i think) heater. As of now, it struggles to keep the water warm enough. Soon we'll be putting in the air conditioner and I worry that the water will get too cold. I'm considering putting in a stronger heating element, but then I worry that the stronger heating will cause the temps to cycle too fast, which could be worse for the fish than the cold water. What are some good methods for keeping the temperature stable? Should I go for a stronger heater?

Thanks!

Umm 150 watts for a 10 gallon is over kill. With heaters you want 3-5 watts per gallon. For a 10 gallon 50 watts would be good. What brand is your heater?

that's weird I used a 150 w in a 20 g qt tank it didn't heat a thing , bought a cheap 10g heater and it works fine ,
now that 150w heater I put it in my 90g figure this out works great but wouldn't heat a 20g

that's weird I used a 150 w in a 20 g qt tank it didn't heat a thing , bought a cheap 10g heater and it works fine ,
now that 150w heater I put it in my 90g figure this out works great but wouldn't heat a 20g

That's odd. May I ask what brand it is?

it was a ehiem I'm thinking it has some type of therm guard in it so it don't over heat
but I'm just guessing

Back
Top Bottom