stuck fish help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellygirl55

Aquarium Advice Activist
my main tank is in the middle of a huge crash, and i have a pictus (spell??) catfish that wasn't looking so hot, so we decided to move him to another tank this am. well, we caught him in the net (normal average net) and when we tried to put him in the other tank he was stuck in the net by his front fins!!!

we tried and tried but could not get him out of the net, finally my hubby cut him out, but he still has the net pieces stuck to his front fins.

any advice on this one???

that happened to one of our otos once. all we did was fiddle around with the net and he finally came lose....we left it in a bucket of water and did it from there. yes he did suffer some shock but this happened back in may or june and he's doing just fine.

but since you cut the net, i dont know how easy it would be to get that off of him now.

As you've found out, catfish and nets don't get along very well. I'd leave him alone for a day and see if the net comes off. If not, you'll have to catch him and try to remove it. Use a cup instead of a net. Two cups if you have to. I use two Petsmart betta cups to catch my pictus and raphael.

update: the piece of net came off his fin today!! he is alive and happy!!!!

Back
Top Bottom