Stuff growing on my live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schism-

I tried to take some pics with my cell so I could load them easier but not sure if you can see the "fuzzy" stuff plus my goofy coral banded comes over to where I am and gets in the way!

image-2978084918.jpg

You have to look close towards the top of the rock however I've got it anywhere that's brown. It's getting better but it's all over my live rock (see pic below)

image-2161449541.jpg

image-1409395190.jpg

image-1927944321.jpg

I got a cool coral the other day. It's ok for beginners (like me). It's a bubble coral. It blows up these individual sacs during the day. It likes moderate lighting and flow. It's photosynthetic, but will also extend tentacles at night and I've given it combo of Cyclopeeze and mysis twice. Over past couple days, it's looking much happier, first couple days few of the sacs weren't inflated, but he seems to like the new spot I put him. Only feed him ever 2-3 days. Here's a pic

image-619420323.jpg

Mines yellow, but there's also white, green and I've seen a kinda pinkish color too.

Adding that to my list!!! Thats VERY cool! Do you order your corals or buy at your LFS?

At LFS. I've never ordered live things online. I like to see them in person before I buy. Luckily there's a bunch of SW LfS around here. :)

Looks like brown algae (diatoms). Probably the result of your sand change you are doing. I would not worry about it. It will starve itself out pretty quickly.

readings on the RODI are good and all my filters are new. I only feed every other day and it's slow so I don't have much go to waste. I've actually had to feed the shrimp specifically because I don't really have much waste at all. It has subsided some but I still notice a little goo on the LR. I'm going to scrub all that off during my next water change and see if it comes back.

Back
Top Bottom