Stunt fish/ Christmas miracle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've got a double tank stand for my two 20 longs and last night I noticed that not one, but two, fish from the upper tank have made it into the lower tank. Two different species to boot. This is both amazing and frightening to me. I'm imagining that the two schools were having the fish equivalent of the "space race" that the U.S and USSR had in the 1960s. I wonder which one landed first...
I've been looking it over and I think they would've had to jump out the back, hit the wall at just the right angle, and then probably land/bounce off of the HOB filter on the lower tank.
Of course this prompted me to do a headcount for both tanks as well as a quick perimeter check for any jumpers that weren't so lucky.

Now I just have to get them back into their original home. I'm not super good at netting fish to begin with and its been a while since I've even attempted it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Wow that is impressive! I've heard of fish jumping to side by side tanks, but not that way!

I'm interested in what fish jumped as well! If I had to take a guess, I'd say zebra danio, hatchet fish, or guppy....

I've had fish jump into their neighboring tank, but this is a true stunt fish! You may have next "Houdini" in the fish world!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

One is a Serpae Tetra and the other a Gold Neon (that's what my LFS calls them anyway).

I'm gonna try the "leave the net in the tank so that they become used to it" method.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Not close at all, lol....

The best method for catching tetras is to get a big net and put it a bit in the substrate (gravel), and against the glass, opened up. Then take a smaller net and chase the tetras into the big net, and voila!

Back
Top Bottom