Stupid live rock question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have never ordered over the net for LR so sorry if these seems a little stupid... But its a big order and Ive also never added this much LR at once. I am getting 90 lbs from liverocks.com and need to know the best way to throw it in.. I have a 70 gallon with only about 3 lbs of LR. Do I need to acclimate it or just throw it on in. I have two fish so Id like minimize any ammonia spikes... Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated...

I would cure it in a seperate container. I cured my first few batches for a week or so in a rubbermaid garbage can. My next shipment I added roughtly 30lbs to my 110g thinking it would be ok however amonia spiked pretty high and I removed it to a seperate container for a week or so.

SO in the other container I need a heater and a pump??? If it is fresh from the Keys, just harvested a few days ago. Would you still worry???

Even with overnight shipping, there will still be some die off. Plus you can never be 100% sure it was just harvested. Adding 90 lbs at once could cause a pretty significant ammonia spike, better to cure it in a rubbermaid tub for a week or so to be sure. Unless there is no livestock in the tank, then toss it right in.

Well even though no one is saying what I want to hear.... I did get the message. I will buy the containers tonight & throw them in it first... Thanks guys

jackdp
It really is fresh, you can trust us :lol: jamal-188 what did you do with the third bath the one that came really next day? Thew others did not come next day and lost life i bet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom