Submersible Pump or an External Pump????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigDog54

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Whats best? Submersible Pumps or External Pumps? Submersible pumps are way cheaper than the External pumps so theres gotta be some kinda reason for it. Are the external pumps quieter? The only advantage i see is heat transfer from Submersible pumps isn't a factor on External. Any other reasons?

Also, who makes the best pump?

what are you looking to use the pump for...
I have run the sen 700 and the 900 and the aquavia 4900 as a return pump for my 125 and they all were good pumps..
I broke the shaft cleaning the 700 and picked up the via aqua and the magnet on that split after 2 years of use so I then picked up the sen 900.
I have the other 2 pumps still as backup now...
People use the Mag pumps and love them, I have a Mag 7 on my skimmer and it has done well so far.
I have not had good luck with the rios.
My friend uses the Iwaki external and loves it , and he also uses the blue line and says that pump has worked well for him and is cheaper the the iwaki.
I have never used a external pump so I can not say much about them only what I have read or been told..

Why don't I hear anything about eheim pumps? When I was in the computer watercooling scene we swore by them.

My external pump is 3000% quiter and cooler than my in the sump. I use a Blueline 75 when I use to use a Mag 36.

I ran 2 Quite one 4000HH internal pumps, the heat was just to much. I replaced them with a Dolphin Amp Master 3000 Quite and no heat in the tank

Back
Top Bottom