Substrate for a crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so im def going to be getting a crayfish i think sometime before the summer is over ... im painting my 10gals background tom i picked up the same paint LBW used .... and then ill cycle it and get him ... but i want to do like a rocky sandy theme .... but dont want like the sand colored sand if ya know what i mean ..... i want white sand but no too small to gravel vac ..... is this good for a crayfish and do they make this kind of sand if so anyone have it or have a link? TIA

Ray

I just use a small gauge aquarium gravel in mine...anything that is considered 'sand' is going to be small and light enough to get sucked up by a vac.

Sand no matter what you do is gonna be to small to gravel vac... anything that is big enough to gravel vac would be considered gravel. Alot of my friends tried the half sand half stone sandy stoney look and its real nice at first but the sand all just eventually settles beneath the rocks in all of their tanks. I personally just keep a sand substrate...

Back
Top Bottom