substrate support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium 308

Aquarium Advice Activist
A substrate that is gonna be mixed seachem flourite and sand what wouldnone use as support if I was gonna make one side of tank shallower than other. My understanding is that if I do nothing for support thebwater pressure will level it

Poly plastic cutting boards work in doing this but I honestly have no idea how people cut them to fit their tanks/desires??????

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you are only making it 2 or 3 inches different, plants, rocks and driftwood can be used to maintain it. I do that with no problem. More than that, or fish that dig around your substrate, you probably need more support to keep it from going more level.

A substrate that is gonna be mixed seachem flourite and sand what wouldnone use as support if I was gonna make one side of tank shallower than other. My understanding is that if I do nothing for support thebwater pressure will level it

Could use either glass or acrylic precut sheets from a big box home improvement store. You will need a kit to cut them to size for the tank, different tools for both. Recently did glass for a DIY sump project.

To adhere the glass use pure silicone(not marked mildew resistant)
To adhere acrylic use epoxy.

Let stand 48 hours then add substrate. Would definitely use a plate when adding water for this project.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom