Sudden death of copperband

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DENEBERGERON

Aquarium Advice Newbie
PURCHASED A COPPERBAND SATURDAY, SAW IT EAT AT STORE, WAS EATING IN MY AQUARIUM LOOKING GREAT. I got home from work yesterday and he was dead! Lots of red "brusing" on him by his top dorsal fin. Ohter than that he looks just perfect. He was pecking in the live rocks when I left this morning. Unbelievable
I have a 110 gallon ---amonia undetectable; nitrites undetectable, nitrates undetectable. temp 78 ph: 8.2
Had been adding stress guard to water
Tank mates: powder blue tang
snow flake eel
red flame angel
lawnmower blenny
orange spot goby
green mandarin
three hermit crabs
one huge turbo snail

Last edited:
My guess would be either the powder blue or the eel. Powder blue`s are notorius for attitudes. I`ve had a snow flake eel before so I know they can have an attitude. That`s what I`m thinking.

POWDER BLUE HAS BEEN SHOWING AGRESSION BUT THOUGHT IT WAS NOTHING SERIOUS. DID NOTICE IN FRONT CORNER OF TANK IN SAND BED SOME BIG INDENTS THAT WERE NOT THERE BEFORE. Like a fight or maybe the eeel could have done them.:banghead:

Called the lfs and they thought the eel was prob. culprit. Will go home today and try and catch him. They said they would take it in on a trade. He is 14" plus! The tang is too beautiful and will have to work around it. At least taking snowflake out will decrease culprit by one.

Back
Top Bottom