Sudden death of female GBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found my female GBR dead this morning in my tank. Last night she looked totally normal. She was swimming and eating just fine yesterday.

I took her out and noticed some spots that look like bruises on her especially near her mouth and on her head just before her dorsal fin.

I would appreciate help figuring out what caused this sudden death.

On another note, one of my black neon tetras died the other day as well. He was half eaten when I saw him. No bruise spots visible. I assumed that my newly added pea puffer might have been the cause so I moved him out right away. It's has been two days since then and now my female GBR is dead. I don't know if it is related, but it might be helpful info.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395008278.032375.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395008324.273902.jpg

Water parameters are normal, I just checked them yesterday. This tank has been setup for almost a year. It is a moderately planted tank an I use frets once a week and liquid carbon once a day. Also, it is a 29 gallon tank.

Stock as of today is

5 black neon tetras
5 neon tetras
4 albino corys
2 dwarf guaramis
1 nerite snail
1 male GBR

Upon closer inspection of the tank I see one of the dwarf gouramis has a bubble nest hidden in my floating riccia.

Maybe the female GBR got too close to the nest?

Back
Top Bottom