Suggested clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princess4880

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
30 gallon tank with 20 lbs liverock fixing to add additional 30 lbs liverock 20lbs livesand, tomato clown, percula clown, 2 red leg hermit, turbo snail, and nassirus snail. All levels are great except nitrate it is between 20-40ppm. Just curious how many more of clean up crew to add since tank is only about 3 months old.

wow...how are those clowns doing together?

Id get about 6 turbo snails and 4 more hermets depending on the size.

Surprisingly good most days unless tomato gets hungry then he chases percula to the tree. Would I need anymore nassiruss snails? Also what about extra shells for crabs?

Yes but another person on forum advised me not to overload with cleanup crew since it is like a brand new tank. Plus need to get food and other things and if I buy enough the lfs gives discount.

Then just get some turbo snails if you dont want a full cleanup crew. They do an excellent job.

Have tried pwc and just done a 50% instead of 10% to see if this makes difference. What is your suggestion on how many?

Going to purchase some ro water but am using tap right now going to test tap to see if it is source of nitrate. Every other day or longer.

Will the water levels spike or anything if a snail has died? Have a nassirus snail I have not seen since Friday night when I added him to the tank, although the other one I added is fine. Going to try and find him just was not sure what to do if 1 has died.

If your tank has cycled properly and has a nice bacterial colonization, I doubt you'll see a spike from it.

Back
Top Bottom