Suggestions for my Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TVMartinez

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys so I just started this tank out and he's been looking happy and flaring every now and then. I put one almond leave in there hoping to help with his stress (that's why the water is that color) but wanna add either more decorations or live plants. I have a sand substrate so with any plant recommendations please help me with care too. Thanks so much in advance for the help! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426529482.353101.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426529510.185587.jpg

Why do you think he's stressed?

Live plants are always appreciated by bettas; they can tear their fins on plastic. I would also recommend some sort of floating plant but not so much that he can reach the surface easily.

I don't necessarily think he is stressed I just want to make his transition as possible.

Also with live plants on surface I just throw them in. And ground plants will need a soil tab correct?

He certainly looks happy in that second photo!

You can do java fern and anubias without root tabs, most folks attach them to wood or rock since you only want to bury the roots, not the rhizome.

As far as floaters how large is the tank?

It's a 10 gallon I don't know dimensions off hand but rhizome what is that?

Back
Top Bottom