Suggestions on fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strawman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here is my current set up:
55 Gallon Fowlr
SeaClown 100, Soon to be exchanged with another Skimmer
2 Maxijet 400s
Ecco 2234 Filter, soon to be exchanged for a refugium( CheatoMorpha, live sand and liverock rubble)
53 Pound Of Live Rock
Natures Ocean Premium Rock Stubstrate, soon to be replaced with live sand

3 Blue Yellow Tailed Damsels
2 Silver LyreTail Mollies
1 Black LyreTail Molly
1 Dalmation LyreTail Molly
1 False Ocellaris Clown

Question 1: Is it feasible to add more livestock to the tank?

Question 2: Should I not add anymore LiveStock till, I have my sump and refugium up and running to reduce the stress on fish?

Question 3: Would my refugium set up be sufficient to support a decent bioload?

Question 4: What would be your suggestion on first timer fish, with great personality based on your experience?

Question 5: Anyone tried a Damsel only tank, or is this just asking for disaster?

Question 6: What would you suggest, based on experience, for a CUC?

Damsels are great for the most part inexpensive and social...but can get territorial they like to have hiding spots to them selves so be aware of that. As for the stock you might find that to be the upper limit after those become adults they will pretty well fill the tank to its max. Clowns have great personality in pairs alone they are pretty. My clowns love when i run my finger along the outside of the glass they just follow and roll over each other.

when putting multiple fish of the same color/kind make sure you get them from the same stock tank at the lfs or problems might come faster.

For a 55 gallon I would not add any more to your tank. The biggest problem you will have is the damsels. These fish maybe small, but they can get very aggressive. I would suggest removing the damsel from the list and keeping everything else the same. However, make sure you provide a home for your clownfish.

I believe as a home for a clownfish he means an anemone or some sort of coral, ei frogspawn, that the clown could host.

Sergie said:
I believe as a home for a clownfish he means an anemone or some sort of coral, ei frogspawn, that the clown could host.

My clowns always ignored my anemone and just went straight for a small cave I made with my lr always catch em flicking the sand out and can see them cuddling in there

SithAquarist said:
My clowns always ignored my anemone and just went straight for a small cave I made with my lr always catch em flicking the sand out and can see them cuddling in there

A small cave or anemone is good ^^ which ever makes them happy

Back
Top Bottom