suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCMA

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All,
I was interested in adding some easy to care for soft corals to my nano set-up in the near future. I currently have 5 purple mushrooms and a green star polyp that has started reproducing, plus some colerpa (which I have been trimming lately). I was interested in Xenia but I have no experience with it, any opinions on this or another polyp? All my parameters have been great for the last couple months and I have been getting coralline algae so I think it looks good for a new addition. Thanks.

8 gallon oceanic biocube
1 hi fin red banded goby
2 turbo snails
2 nassarius
1 red leg, 3 blue hermit crabs
1 peppermint shrimp
7 lbs lr

I like xenia. How about a nice finger leather?

I am wary of adding corals yet as my setup is still relatively new (1+months.) but I am looking into growing some pulsing xenia - theyre so cool and relaxing with the movements.

I just got some Pulsing Xenia about a week ago. They are already growing and spreading on my rock. I absolutely love them. They are a good choice and you can frag them if you have too much in your tank.

thanks for the suggestions, the green star polyp I have in there now is very easy to care for, I don't have to feed it special or anything. I add some iodine every few days for the shrimp but I don't know what effect that has on it. It produced a few pale white buds a couple weeks ago which have now turned into individual polyps. That is correct, it has a purplish base and the polyps themselves are bright green with off-white centers. The lighting in the tank is what came with it:

1 18 watt true actinic 03 blue straight pin
1 18 watt 10,000 k daylight straight pin
2 .75 watt lunar Blue-Moon-Glow LED

You could try some yellow polyps or an easy branching LPS such as a hammer or torch coral

Back
Top Bottom