Suitable for betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Trooper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys,

I'm looking to subscribe to a magazine and this tank comes along with the subscription.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Betta-Cube-Mini-nano-aquarium/dp/B009MZ52ZC

I currently have a betta in my community tank and i'm wondering if i could put him in here, therefore allowing me to have other 'fancy finnage' fish in the tank.

I know the filter is quite strong at 250lph, and this is a slight concern for him but what do you guys think?

Magazine subscription is alittle over £50 (for the year) with this tank included.

Thanks! :thanks:

Having to guess at the volume and or dimensions I'm going to say yes, again guessing at the size, the filter on the other hand might be overkill but if its built into the tank and its actually called a betta cube it could be ok.

how do you know the built in filter is 250lph? it looks like a 20litre max tank to me and getting a filter free that turns over the tank 10x per hour sounds off somewhere

Last edited:
The link says it's 22x17x22 cm. not sure what that is in gallons.

Make sure you put a good amount of biomedia from your community tank into the betta cube's filter. Using some gravel from the community tank wouldn't hurt either. You don't want the poor betta living through a cycle.

Yes, that's my plan, i have my small 64l community tank currently running, have a 215l tank i am going to fishless cycle, might do the same to this one?

Sounds good. We all have multiple tank syndrome! wait until you recognise cichlids for what they are, theres nothing like them for behaviour and intelligenceso you can add another 2 large tanks to your list haha. I now refuse to keep anything but!

Back
Top Bottom