Sulking bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I returned from some quick errands to the petrol station to find my two Bettas in one tank glaring at each other so naturally I dropped everything I was going to do an separated them quickly but now the most peculiar thing is occurring. One betta is laying in a hollow rock and the other is in the corner with a gourami staring at it. Neither one of them was injured and they where only together 10 minuets max but they've never acted like this before

Keep calm and rock on

One is more active but the other is still in the corner not moving much except for food and air

Keep calm and rock on

The one that is sulking is either injured or scared to death from the experience. Look him over for injuries, and if there are none, he probably just needs time to regain his confidence after the apparent squabble they had.

They have both started swimming around like normal again. I checked both of them over and I didn't notice anything major only a couple pinholes but I think they where there before. I added some melafix and stress coat to help it heal.

Keep calm and rock on

Back
Top Bottom