Sump Overflowing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hexagontankman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I built my first sump recently and I did not really take into account the size of pump compartment. There is no "max level" where water wont overflow if you keep it below.

When I turn off pump, it looks like it will overflow the entire sump. Of course, all is good right now, and I am looking at getting a backup batter. But, does anyone have any clever fixes that will divert back flow?

I do have a valve on distal (to tank) that I can shut off (still over flows). I also have really tight plumbing on the proximal portion (to sump), where it would be hard to place a valve.

But, I am sure in the history of sump making someone else has done this and has some clever work-around. Any tips?

Attachments

• 20200622_080837.jpg
    20200622_080837.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 67
So, when the power goes off the water overflows the sump? What is your overflow like? Raising the baffles will prevent that much water from back flowing into the sump. So would a hole being drilled into the pipe, though I'm not always a fan of drilling into something if there is a better work around.

Back
Top Bottom