sump plumbing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiscesLou

Aquarium Advice Freak
what do I use to make the transition from PVC to vinyl tubing and from the overflow box to pvc piping? What glue is reef safe? TIA

i used a screw on piece of pvc to the vinyl tubing and the held it together with a zip tie no problems what so ever.

the glue i used was normal pvc pipe glue you can get at home depot. make sure you get the glue for pvc pipes that are for drinking wter.

hth

mark

There are adaptors to go from NTP whichI think is the technical term for the tubing and PVC. It will have a fitting on one end to fit into your PVC. You can get either threaded or push on fittings. Use what ever method of attaching this fitting to your PVC your comfortable with. I suggest pvc glue to form a good water tight perminant bond. The othe end of the fitting is a push on fitting that is groved and tapered. You push the PVC on to this fitting till its all the way up to the tapered sholder. Before you push the tubing over the fitting get a stainless steel hose clamp and put over the tubing. Then when the tubing is slid onto the fitting you put the hose clamp up over the area where the fitting is maybe 1/2" from the sholder and tighten with a screwdriver. This will form a water tight connection and you have then sucessfully gone from PVC to tubing.

Back
Top Bottom