sun coral / light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i know the sun coral does not need light but can it be hurt by light. i have it about 1/3 up under 2 x250 MH and 2x54 T5. it ate a ton of mysis the other day and seems to be okay. i just want a healthy coral in the long term

steve r

Would it benefit from being in a cave like structure in your tank?

I have mine under 2x250 in my 120 but keep them on the bottom. I've never seen them adversely affected by the light that they do get. One was in a cave and then later moved out of the cave and I didn't notice a difference either way. The easiest way to ensure a happy healthy coral is to make sure to feed it 3x a week, more often in the beginning when you're trying to "train" it.

I was juggling between getting one of these or some corilamorphs. The ones in the shop looked a little dodge so I got the morphs. I was lucky enough to pick up 2-3 feather duster worms on the rock and a hitch hiking snail too.

You will be back to get one flaque. Remember this is a addiction. Stop putting up a front. :D Good luck with your purchase.

Back
Top Bottom