Sun polyp help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonForce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had them for 2 days and I have not had them open up yet. I tried to target them with a turkey baster at night but my cleaner harasses the turkey baster and walks all over the coral and they just suck in more, plus they suck in all the way when the force from the water coming out of the baster hits them.

Do I need to give them some more time or am I doing something wrong?

I might try brendens idea with the 2 litre coke bottle with the bottom cut off in a few days here if they don't open up.

I`ve had mine for a couple days and they have not opened up yet. On my other set they took awhile. Be patient they will come out when they get hungry. You can see a pic of mine in the gallery.

Give it some time. A good trick is to use the "pop bottle" methodfor target feeding them. Take a two liter pop bottle and cut the top off about a thrd the way down. Bascially, you are creating a reverse funnel. Place the cut bottle over the polyp colony and use the drinking hole to squirt food into the bottle. This will allow the food to stay confined around the colony and will prevent fish and inverts from disturbing it while it eats.

Back
Top Bottom