Sunsets, Sunrises, Rainbows or Sea/Landscapes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Just thought a nice thread about all sorts of beautiful pics to appreciate and share.

Here in Colorado we have beautiful sunsets pretty neared every day of the year, and I snap them almost daily. We frequently have double rainbows and overall pretty things to share.

Rocky Mountains north of Boulder Longs Peak & Mt Meeker next to Rocky Mountain National Park Which is where most of my pics will be from.
60074-albums13946-picture71224.jpg

Wow I took a ton of pics - the sunset just kept getting better, looked like the clouds were on fire!

West
60074-albums14653-picture71225.jpg

Then a bit later
West
60074-albums14653-picture71227.jpg

This is just to the northwest
60074-albums14653-picture71226.jpg

Last edited:
The view from my patio. Left, right and center of the universe.

IMG_0186.jpgIMG_0187.jpg
IMG_0188.jpg

So glad it isn't 106 today.

I repotted this monster today. I bought it 10 years ago in a 4" pot. I think it's called a propeller plant. IMG_0191.jpg

Nope looked it up and its Aloe Plicatilis.

Last edited:
I repotted this monster today. I bought it 10 years ago in a 4" pot. I think it's called a propeller plant. View attachment 300799

Nope looked it up and its Aloe Plicatilis.

At 10 years old it is still a baby looking at the google pic I saw from San Marcos growers. It is a great rock garden looking plant!

A friend had a Ponytail plant started as a small potted plant.

Through the years she repotted it eventually stuck it at the corner of the yard where it broke out of the terra cotta pot and rooted into the soil. It turned into a 6+ foot tall monster that the trunk was at least 3 feet across.

She was more a English/Cottage garden person. She tried to dig it out and it has a very caustic sap and she got a bad rash and never took it out.

Turns out it is really a tree!!! That was an eon ago and it probably is still there!!! (SoCal) And 20 feet tall.

I have a ponytail about 4' now. Once they get big I've heard they are called elephants foot. I didn't know about the sap! IMG_0196.jpg

I have been collecting and propagating succulents, aloes, agaves etc. for about 20 years. I have a jade tree that it 30 years old.

I have a ponytail about 4' now. Once they get big I've heard they are called elephants foot. I didn't know about the sap! View attachment 300800

I have been collecting and propagating succulents, aloes, agaves etc. for about 20 years. I have a jade tree that it 30 years old.

That is a nice kind of hobby, easy going, not too high maintenance. I used to have a Jade and a Sago Palm. And fig and a Meyer Lemon tree, all potted due to the nomadic lifestyle, left them with a garden loving friend about 23 years ago to brave the winters of CO. LOL I miss the temperate growing weather that's for sure. I like Tulips but that is the only thing that needs the cold I can think of. I would trade weather. Miss the (ocean) beach. They (some people in CO) call the sand on the lake, the beach ( I just shake my head in sadness :nono: - they just don't even know)

more pics coming...

When I was dating my wife I'd send her some sort of sunset picture pretty much every day :) I was just looking through my old photos and found this one which is pretty good, taken from my mom's house:

wpid-img_20150921_191859858.jpg

Where I live now is in a culdesac with trees all around so I can't get a great view of the horizon any more. Someday though we want to move somewhere a little less closed in!

When I was dating my wife I'd send her some sort of sunset picture pretty much every day :) I was just looking through my old photos and found this one which is pretty good, taken from my mom's house:

wpid-img_20150921_191859858.jpg

Where I live now is in a culdesac with trees all around so I can't get a great view of the horizon any more. Someday though we want to move somewhere a little less closed in!

Love it!!! (Hope you still send her cool pics (y))

We pretty much lucked out with great views of the sunsets, does my heart good!

Shared your pic this evening with a guy at work after saw him capturing a nice sunset!

I try, as I am able :)

My moms house is pretty incredible, there's about a 360 degree unobstructed view, and it's up on the hill so you can look out over town.

It has been awhile but here are two from Jan 12 in Boulder, Colorado at Chautauqua Park the rocks are called the Flat Irons. Slightly different views. It doesn't seem quite so much as when in person, but the splendor of the way the plants and rocks were peaking through the snow was awe inspiring. The sunlight was just beginning to also come out. But I was already farther away when it did and you couldn't see the mountains as well. I think the one should be a Christmas card.

60074-albums14653-picture71992.jpg

60074-albums14653-picture71993.jpg

I was on the south side looking North, not in the park. This has a good pic of the Flat Irons and from the North looking south view point. The classic view.
https://www.chautauqua.com/

Last edited:
Seen along the national park while bike riding (and not keen on moving on either, must of been a good spot of grass).

Attachments

• IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 6
That's pretty darned fun thing to see.

Recently have seen herds of deer. Groups of 2, 4's, 5 and the other evening on young one just stood in the dirt road looking at the car was about 10 feet away and stopped and had to honk. Car was only going at a creep before that because of the deer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom