Swapping filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluerose

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My new filter is here... however it really should go where the current one is. So... what is the best way to do this?

I'm not sure if I can fit the old filter media in the new filter and somehow seed it that way, haven't picked it up yet. I know running both filters is the best idea but I'm not sure I can fit them both (this is a tall 8gal).

Suggestions? I'm thinking about putting the new and old filter media (which could use cleaning) in a bucket of tank water and seeding the new media a bit that way- would that work or would it be not so useful?

What's the old filter and what's the new filter? Can you cut the media from the old filter and somehow stuff it into the new one? What would be best is to add the old media into the new filter, but need to know what kinds of filters they are.

The old one is a Jebo R338 (basically a powerhead that fountains water on to a filter pad in the lid of the tank) and the new one is a Duetto Multi-Filter 100.

If you cant get the media in the new filter put it in a mesh bag or stocking and leave it floating in the tank for a few weeks. Squeeze the goo into the new filter to start the seeding.

So far I've taken one piece of old media and cut it up and put it in the new filter- not enough to do a ton but it's something. I'm doing a PWC tomorrow and will try to get some more then.

Thanks guys :)

Back
Top Bottom