Swim with your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rondory

Aquarium Advice Freak
I sit and stare into my 46gallon aquarium and wish that I was small enough that I could get in there and swim around. :lol:

Anyone else have that burning desire to jump in and look around? :lol: :lol:

All the time....until I stick my arm in and they start nibbling on it. :) I could comfortably get in the 150T and chill out with them as long as they left me alone.

Well I know if my daughter could she would love to swim with the fishies all day, but then shes small and I would need an orca tank to get comfy in...LOL

Rondory said:
I sit and stare into my 46gallon aquarium and wish that I was small enough that I could get in there and swim around. :lol:

Or just get a tank big enough you COULD swim with them. :lol:

there was an america's funniest home videos clip, with a little girl and a single goldfish in a 55 or 75 gallon tank. be prepared for a mess...

I have a pic on my pc from searching the net of a guy scuba diving in a huge 800 gallon salt water tank, the top canopy raised on hidden winch's and pulleys and he had a continous source of oxgen thanks to a set of 4 large tanks under the tank itself, really cool, I'm jealous, wish I could do that...witha red tail catfish lol

Well, this experiance is not exactly what you had in mind, but its close.

I am a dive master in the Padi system, and being in northern Tennessee, there just are not a lot of places to dive. When we are training new divers, we used to go to a rock quary in Kentucky called Curielian Springs.

In the protected area (no fishing), there were seriously catfish bigger than myself (6 foot 2, 230) and Largemouth and small mouth bass longer than my arms. The bluegill and brim were MONSTERS.

Now, it is a real change when the fish start coming up to nibble on you! Most of the experianced divers wore hoods, not to stay warm, but to keep our ears from being lures. The funniest thing was when a bass tried to eat a regulator from somoenes mouth, and hit the purge button. It seriously blew up like a balloon. When it spit it out, the whole fish rocketed back as the air escaped its system. Seemed to be fine, but needless to say we all lost it :)

Well, when I want to swim with my fish, I usually dump the tank into the hot tub for a while, then I put water in the tank, net them all and put them back in my tank....

ha! not a chance! i'm petrified of swimming in anything other than a pool!

O ALX O said:
So lets turn the pool into a big-ol fish tank / pond.

that would defeat the purpose! i have an irrational fear of swimming with fish. i'm even a bit funny about sticking my hand in my tank! lol... i'm a nerd what can i say. ;)

Hello everyone,

I have put on a diving mask and stuck my head in the top of my 55. Everything looks weird but it was fun.

I'm scared of drowning, water terrifies me, keeping fish tanks helps me tame my fears, I can control the water.......odd....yes

Ummm...yea...my sister tells me that everytime she takes a look at the tank.

Rondory said:
I sit and stare into my 46gallon aquarium and wish that I was small enough that I could get in there and swim around.
Psst, buy a BIGGER tank! LOL!
I have though it would be nice to swim with my fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom