swimming snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
one of the wild ramshorn snails i brought home was about the size of a dime. he is floatingon the top of the water and eating something... and hes moving a little to move... kinda wierd.

ill get a pic after lunch

now all my snails are doing it... my big one went to the bottom.

their in a glass jar with java moss for oxygen.

I've kept snails in the past. One would crawl to the end of the tube of my UGF, and then launch itself off and let the current toss it around for a bit. Once it made it to the wall of the tank, it would reattach itself. It was quite amusing to watch.

no mine are actually floating upside down and erating off the surface of the water

well my pond snails are doing it too. lol their in a glass jar (about 1 gallon) with some clams and ramshorns. i think their trying to eat my duckweed

Jchillin said:
Are you sure that they are ramshorns? I've never seen or heard of this type of ability.

They can if there is anything floating (even just a little bit of duckweed) to hang on to...my Marisa have done it a few times.

but theres a like tiny bit of duckweed and their nto even close to it 1/w the time

My snail, uncertain of the species, often does the same thing. It will stick his "snorkel" (I don't know what it's actually called, sorry) out and pump his inner shell full of air. This is very interesting to watch as you can literally it's entire body working together to "pump" the air. After it's through pumping it will release it's grip and just float around the tank until something catchs it's interest. Weird huh?

Joe

AquaJoe said:
My snail, uncertain of the species, often does the same thing. It will stick his "snorkel" (I don't know what it's actually called, sorry) out and pump his inner shell full of air. This is very interesting to watch as you can literally it's entire body working together to "pump" the air. After it's through pumping it will release it's grip and just float around the tank until something catchs it's interest. Weird huh?

Weird but still interesting! (y)

Back
Top Bottom