Switching from excel to glut (and later to dry ferts!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ASF07003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey there.

I'm switching from excel to glut.

My current excel dose (29 gal tank- see other thread for pics) is 29-30cc [~1cc/gal ]

Can I go and start dosing at 0.5cc/gal/d right away (15cc of glut), assuming glut is double the strength of excel? Or do I need to start at a lower dose (0.25 say) and work my way up?

Also my current bottles of flourish ferts (N,P,K and trace) are running low and I'll be ordering dry ferts as well. Probably pps-pro without Epsom salts as my Gh is 6. Does anyone use GLA's iron chelate? If so, how much per 500 cc (did not see any instructions on their website) ?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very cool. Thanks!!

Follow up questions:
How high can one dose on glut? I read somewhere one can go as high as 4-5cc/gal/d (!) on excel, meaning up to 2 cc/gal/d on glut, without issues? Is that true? Or is that for the algacide effect rather than supplement co2?

Also does anyone know anything about GLA's iron chelate? Dosing, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Going that high is only necessary when you're trying to compensate for a lack of CO2 injection under higher lighting, or an attempt to burn out algae problems. Upping your glut dosage also tends to increase the requirement of all other fertilizers since it'll boost plant growth rates.

For general usage, you really don't need to go any higher than the recommended dosing.

What do you have for lighting?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom