Switching my tank around, suggestions please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which should I get? You may vote more than once.

• Mini Orange Fantasy Eel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purple Spaghetti Eel

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Tanganyika Spiny Eel

• Other Eel (Post in comments)

• No Eel

• Electric Blue Ram

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Honeycomb Catfish

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Emerald Cory Cat

• Other nonlethal fish (Post in comments)

• No fish

• Total voters

3x0t1c_331

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently gave away the rope fish that inhabited a 50-gallon tank of mine, and I want to refill it. So far I have put in 3 Cory Cats, One Synodontis Catfish of the Eupterus variety, and an African Dwarf Frog. But what should I add?:confused: I am considering:
Up to 2 of the following:
Mini Orange Fantasy Eel, Purple Spaghetti Eel, Tanganyika Spiny Eel

1 of the following:
Electric Blue Ram, Honeycomb Catfish, Emerald Cory Cat

Please vote. If you have any other suggestions, tell me!

i don't think the eels and syno eupterus will mix well with the honeycomb and the electric blue rams because first of all the eel and syno need a high ph 7.4+ while the ram and especially the honey comb catfish cannot tolerate that, they would need 7.2 and lower ph. the syno will also get 8 inches+ and chase a lot of ur fish off.

i would suggest getting 2-4 zig zag eels (stay small, won't outgrow tank, and are awesome), a group of electric blue rams (((or german blue, golden, bolivian, just because the price of the electric blues.... or you can get a mix))), like 3+honeycomb catfish, and 3+more cories because they need a school.

i would suggest not to get the eels and give away syno eupterus because if you want the electric blue ram and the honeycomb they CAN NOT tolerate high ph which the eel and syno need which is 7.4+ while the ram and honeycomb needs 7.2 and lower.

i would get 2-4 zig zag eels (they stay small and will be able to coincide with the fish you want), 3+ electric blue rams (or german blue, golden, bolivian), 3+ honeycomb catfish, and 5+ more cories to add to the school. i accidentally voted not eels so my mistake. the honeycomb would be very sensitive so I'm glad you asked about it before you actually got the fish!

OOPS sorry i thought my original comment wasn't posted so i posted another one. they are a bit different but on similar topic so just ignore one.

Thanks very much. I'm still deciding, I guess I'll decide one of the things I will get and then we can work from there. :D

Back
Top Bottom