Sword help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smallfry53

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a couple sword plants, and thought that they would be a rooted plant, but in fact they were just "cuttings" off of a big plant it seems with no root system. So my question is, what measures do I need to take to get these to grow, and how should I go about planting them?

And on a side note, did I get ripped off, or is it common to get sword plants like this?

I got a couple sword plants, and thought that they would be a rooted plant, but in fact they were just "cuttings" of off a big plant it seems with no root system. So my question is, what measures do I need to take to get these to grow, and how should I go about planting them?

And on a side note, did I get ripped off, or is it common to get sword plants like this?

It would not be typical to get sword plants like this. Could you post a picture?

z6NIuXM.jpg

28hfo0o.jpg

Ahh, no that's just fine. The important bits are intact and should grow roots quickly. You can let it float or plant it. If it's planted just be sure to give it a good root tab.

Ok, thank you both for your responses(y). I have two of them. One is planted the other floating.... We'll see how it goes.:popcorn:

I got a couple sword plants, and thought that they would be a rooted plant, but in fact they were just "cuttings" off of a big plant it seems with no root system. So my question is, what measures do I need to take to get these to grow, and how should I go about planting them?

all swords I sell and have bought always have roots

Back
Top Bottom