sword tails being killed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RjP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is killing my sword tails? Tigerbarbs or danios?

RjP said:
What is killing my sword tails? Tigerbarbs or danios?

Between the two, it's probably the tiger barbs. But are you sure they are being killed by another fish, have you seen any aggression between the barbs and swordtails?? What are your water parameters? Bad water can also be killing them.

Water quality is good. Ph is 7.2, ammonia 0, nitrates 0, nitrites 0. That was the first thing i thought of. Some of the tiger barbs have torn fins also. Swords seem to be dieing about one a week for the past three weeks. All have been missing tails and fins.

RjP said:
Water quality is good. Ph is 7.2, ammonia 0, nitrates 0, nitrites 0. That was the first thing i thought of. Some of the tiger barbs have torn fins also. Swords seem to be dieing about one a week for the past three weeks. All have been missing tails and fins.

It probably is the the barbs then. I don't see danios doing that kind if damage. I'd remove the barbs from the tank and put them in another tank or rehome them.

George9 said:
It probably is the the barbs then. I don't see danios doing that kind if damage. I'd remove the barbs from the tank and put them in another tank or rehome them.

Agreed the tiger barbs are the most probable killers here.

Back
Top Bottom