swordtails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevie s

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi i recently purchased 2 swordtail fish at my local pet store. they've been fine up untill around 3 days ago. the female fish started hiding away in darkness and not eating, i do not know if she has been attacked or has a illness has the end of her dorsal fin + caudal fin has chunks out of it and now the male is hiding with her and he has like a white soar dorsal fin. my local pet store as tested my water today and said its spot on. any advice thanks

Just a few questions for ya.

1) What does "spot on" water parameters mean? What is your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? Ammonia and nitrites should be zero. Nitrates should be less than 40ppm although less than 20ppm is better. Ph should be between 6.5 and 8.

2) What size is your tank?

3) How long has your tank been up and running?

4) What is your water change schedule? When was your last water change? What conditioner do you use (eg Prime)?

This will improve your chances of getting sound accurate advice.

Thanks - Chris

hi thanks for reply. he did not say what they was he just said they was all what they should be at (water parameters).
my tank is 190L
its been running about 3weeks its was cycled for a week and half with fluval cycle.
i did a 30% water change yesterday i use fluval aqua plus water conditioner
thanks.

Back
Top Bottom