T5 aquatic life fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manny2123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What types of corals would I be able to grow well with a 36" t5 aquatic life 4 bulb fixture?? It's a 40 gallon breeder and I like montiporas zoos a seriatopora mayb acoporas what types of corals would grow well?

I also have the aquatic life T5s and they have individual reflectors

I belief the AquaticLife units have one reflector which is individually contoured for each bulb. However, I might be wrong on that. Anyone?

Pschmitt said:
I belief the AquaticLife units have one reflector which is individually contoured for each bulb. However, I might be wrong on that. Anyone?

So it has individual reflectors then............

you aren't going to get much growth out of a 4 lamp fixture over a 40 breeder. 6 or even 8 lamps would be ideal. LPS and softies would do well. acropora and montipora will not be very colorful.

mr_X said:
you aren't going to get much growth out of a 4 lamp fixture over a 40 breeder. 6 or even 8 lamps would be ideal. LPS and softies would do well. acropora and montipora will not be very colorful.

I got a 6 lamp t5ho fixture for my 40B. It has individual reflectors. Would I be able to keep even the most light demanding coral?

Back
Top Bottom