T5 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whatcha thinking? I just picked up the aqueon t5 no fixture for my 20 tall.. So far it's pulling it's weight..

Thanks for asking. I am wanting to start a 20 L (12 inch height) within the upper extent of the low lighting to medium lighting. I want to be able to plant more than just the very low-light plants I currently have experience with. Need lighting as all I have is the tank. Trying to decide between LED, T5-NO, T5-HO, or compact fluorescent.

I was figuring if T5 fixtures fit both NO and HO, than that could offer me some versatility within a single fixture type. But, thanks to the info from OS, I can cross that idea off the list.

I want to go from low-tech to medium tech to gain some experience; "mediumish" lighting, substrate planting, root tabs and/or liquid ferts as needed.

What type of lighting best suits these goals?

I recommend going LED. It's the wave of the future. I have Quad T5HO Aquaticlife on my 29g now. But all my next lights will be LED. The technology is now where I want it.
I think in 5 years you will be hard pressed to buy new fluorescent fixtures. The LED technology is improving fast. You could go with a Current brand LED for planted with controller and night light now for what you can buy a good T5HO for. Look up Brian_Nano12g in here as he knows a lot about what is available in LED's that would give you exactly what you are looking for. OS.

Back
Top Bottom